Friday, May 7, 2010

Lists

Last night I turned in a whopper of a Hegel paper which means my first year of graduate school is almost over (one more week of some easy readings). I still woke up at 4 this morning panicked about typos, but I'm hoping that soon and very soon that pesky stress will begin to wear off. I am so looking forward to this summer. In preparation I'm making myself lists:

To Read:
The Lost Ravioli Recipes of Hoboken by Laura Schenone
The Original of Laura by Nabakov (I must admit I started this a few weeks ago, I was too curious)

To Cook:
(The boy's been a doll for cooking all year but our deal was if he cooked real food it could be plain jane. I've been filing recipes away all year for the day I take back the kitchen.)
Whole Fried Mushrooms on Toasts
Celery Root Risotto (I will make this up based on a dish we had at Cinghiale last week)
Straw Potatoes with Lemon Salt (put to use all the flavored salt I made for Christmas gifts last year)
Picnics, picnics, picnics
Spa day at the Aveda School
Attempt Shakespeare in the Park again (Al Pacino's playing Shylock!)
Learn to drive a stick shift
Learn to sail
Reorganize every room in the house
Keep doing yoga
Purge my wardrobe then restock it
Have lots of people over for cocktails on the porch
Sew pillows for the couch
Catch up on baby and wedding gifts
Make a big fancy dinner that includes the use of antique napkins, decanters, mother of pearl caviar spoons and port sippers



That should keep me busy for a while.

6 comments:

Axon L. Parker said...

I love lists. Thanks for feeding into my obsession! I am adding several of the books and the fancy dinner to my own summer list, as well as a couple of the recipes:)

Unknown said...

You forgot "Generation Kill" on your reading list... you need to read it so I can watch it again!

Also... the problem is, I have grown to enjoy cooking. We may need to have an "Iron Chef" type of showdown to see who is the chef for the summer... and who cleans the bathroom...

tacy said...

ahhh... good post. :) Excuse me while I go be inspired by this.

Erin Michelle said...

I think you forgot "Fly to Oregon and take photos of Erin's wedding."

... I know, I know. Oh well. Looks like you have a fun summer planned! :)

Melanie said...

These are some great lists! I haven't written mine out, but reading Nocturnes and something by Evelyn Waugh and Graham Green are definitely on mine, as well as starting to have some Boston people over for dinner.

Jen said...

Zeb ... oh how I wish you'd rub off on my husband!