Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Barter



I recently discovered the barter section of Craigslist. In that section I found a non-drinking family who was given a bottle of 1998 Dom Perignon as a gift. Who doles out once in a lifetime champagne without researching whether or not the recipients are teetotalers? A strange situation that I believe one encounters only in classes above my own. Lucky break for me though, I offered a family portrait session and they accepted. It was not exactly a fair trade since my services are not even remotely worth the $175 + that the champagne is. On the other hand, they did cram 3 families into one session so maybe it evened out. At any rate I'm not arguing. And I'm not saving it for years for the perfect occasion as I usually do. A 3 year anniversary seems to me to be the perfect occasion and that's coming up this spring.

7 comments:

Marianne Elixir said...

More reasons to love Craigslist!!

And three years is plenty. Congratulations (a little early).

Melanie said...

Do tell us how you like it!

deanna said...

Wow, good work. I'd like to hear the wine review, too. Happy almost three years.

Eternal Asking said...

Sweet deal! Mike's family bought us a bottle for our wedding. It definitely did not last beyond the honeymoon.

JoAnna said...

I think that it was a brilliant idea to do a photo-shoot. A good way to get experience and also get something in return!

Amy Redelsperger said...

How fun! That's fantastic!

meg said...

holy geez, anyway you slice it I'm jealous of this steal. As you know I'm super obsessed with champagne right now since I can't drink it and real, good, amazing champagne can not be matched. enjoy it my friend!